An electrical issue is believed to be the cause of a fire truck fire at the Victor Fire Department.
Chief Sean McAdoo says around 12:13 a.m. Monday, a couple of firefighters that were working after hours noticed smoke coming from the garage of the fire house.
He says it was discovered that the pumper truck was on fire.
The fire was limited to one truck, mostly in the engine. Fire investigators believe an apparent electrical malfunction was to blame for the fire.
There was a lot of smoke in the garage and the fire took about 30 minutes to control.
Farmington Service, LLC helped to pull the truck out of the fire hall, preventing further damage.
No damage was caused to the fire house or any other trucks.
Chief McAdoo says 27 volunteers from the department responded. Some had to be directed away from the scene to keep calm.
“The firefighters here in Victor are very disciplined and report to command as it is,” Chief McAdoo said. “We’re used to coming to the firehouse, getting on the firetruck, and going to the scene. Instead, they came to the firehouse to be on the scene.”
One firefighter was taken to the hospital to be treated for smoke inhalation, but was released a short time later.
Victor firefighters were assisted by the Fishers Fire Department, New York, Farmington Volunteer Fire Association, and East Bloomfield Holcomb Fire Department.